A popular motif throughout different genres (literature, movie, comic, photography) is the ‘man at the window’ motif.
Some ideas about ‘man at the window’:
- It is about meditation, reflection the whole day or the next step you have to do.
- the window bridges two worlds: the outside (Streetlife, crime, Adventure, Love Story) and the Inside (your personal feelings, inner thoughts, deepest Fears, your hope).
- Standing at the window and starring outside is about observation – You can see everything from a meta perspective, but no one can see you behind the curtain
- Behind the window is a parallel timezone, not the fast track of daily business, it is a closed room with it’s own, certain speed
- It is about the contrast of chaos and quietness
… followed by some examples out of comics/ graphic novels:
… and ‘window‘ as a search term on Flickr groups:
… also this Flickr group name ‘People in the window‘ is program:
Enjoy the search and finding of this motif and if you find or know some interesting ‘Man at the window‘ examples do not hesitate to share them … Thanks 😉